15 Moving Tips
1. When you call to schedule your move, ask the company if they sell packing supplies or offer professional packing services. Eldred moving provides both of these services.
2. Try to schedule your move six to eight weeks in advance, if possible. This will help ensure you get the date you need.
3. Label what is in each box and what room they will need to go to.
4. Pack plates vertically, they are less likely to break.
5. Vacuum seal all of your out of season clothing.
6. Having a color coding system can help save time.
7. Change your address at least two weeks prior to moving.
8. Donate any unwanted clothing or items to a local charity or thrift store.
9. Pack an overnight bag with all your necessities for easy access. Also, take with you any important paperwork.
10. Do not forget your furry friends during the move. Try to keep them calm by keeping their routine as normal as possible. When the movers are there, try to keep your pets in a quiet room with the door shut, or at a friend's house.
14. Put plastic wrap over your toiletry bottles to prevent leaking and spilling. Unscrew the cap of the bottle, wrap the piece of plastic wrap over the top, and screw the top back on.
11. Remember what you cannot pack. There are specific items that you can't ship by law .
12. Map out the best way to get to your new home. Know the location and try to visit the area at least once before moving.
13. Do not procrastinate when you are moving. Try to do a little at a time each day to help keep your stress level down. Take the time to map out everything you need to do on a calendar. Using a calendar helps make your tasks more manageable.
15. Schedule disconnect times with your local utility companies.
EldredMoving (812) 466-4242